CBN Health Sector
UNPRECEDENTED TIMES UNIQUE FUNDING FOR HEALTH CARE
As part of measures taken to cushion the economic impact of COVID-19, the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN has launched the Credit Support Scheme for the healthcare sector.
CBN Healthcare Sector Loan
The healthcare sector loan was created to strengthen the sectors’ capacity to meet the rise in demand for health-related products and services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The scheme is a means to support Nigerian businesses in healthcare to improve facilities and service delivery in a bid to reduce medical tourism and conserve foreign exchange.
- Healthcare product manufacturers- pharmaceutical drugs and medical equipment
- Healthcare service providers/medical facilities- hospitals, diagnostic centres/laboratories, fitness and wellness centres, rehabilitation centres etc.
- Pharmaceutical/medical products distribution and logistics services.
- Other healthcare service providers as may be determined by CBN from time to time.
- Manufacturing of pharmaceutical drugs and medical equipment
- Establishment/expansion/upgrade of basic and specialized healthcare facilities
- Medical/pharmaceutical Research and Development (R&D)
- Distribution of medical/pharmaceutical drugs and supplies
- Any other healthcare value chain activity as may be prescribed by the CBN
- 5.0 % p.a (all inclusive) up till 28th February 2021.
- Working Capital: 20% of the average of 3 years of the company’s turnover subject to a maximum of 50 million naira per obligor (where the enterprise is not up to 3 years in operation, 20% of the previous year’s turnover).
- Term Loan: Maximum of 2 billion naira per obligor.
- Working Capital: Maximum of 1 year with provision for rollover of not more than 3 years.
- Term Loan: Maximum tenor of not more than 10 years with maximum of 1 year moratorium on repayment.