HB Cards FAQs
- What is a Prepaid Card?
A prepaid card is a reloadable payment card that is loaded with money by you or someone else which can be used for series of transactions including ATM withdrawal, POS/WEB purchases, Bills Payment, etc.
- How do I apply for my Prepaid Card?
Kindly visit the nearest Heritage Bank Experience Centre of choice.
- What is the cost of obtaining the Card?
The cost of card is N1,000
- How long will it take to receive my prepaid card after I apply?
This card is issued instantly after completion of the application form and payment of cost of card.
- What is the daily maximum amount that can be loaded on this card?
The daily maximum amount that can be loaded on the HB prepaid card is N5,000,000
- What is the validity period of the card?
- Where can I use my HB Prepaid card?
You can use your HB Prepaid card to pay for goods and services at millions of establishments worldwide. Your card will be accepted at any establishment that displays the MasterCard logo.
- How do I activate my prepaid card?
Your prepaid card will be activated by changing your PIN at the ATM and loading your card with fund.
- Must I have a Heritage Bank account before I can apply for the Card?
No, the HB Prepaid Card can be purchased by existing customers and non-customers of the bank.
- What is a virtual account number?
It’s an account that is tied to your prepaid card (called a card account) which will be supplied to you when you collect your card at the EC.
- How do I apply fund to my Card?
You can fund your card;
- Across the counter at the teller point at any Heritage Bank Experience Center
- Via Funds Transfer to the virtual account number tied to the prepaid card
- via Quickteller on web or ATM using your debit card to transfer funds to the card number
- What are the spending limit on the card?
- ATM withdrawal — 150,000 per day
- POS purchase — 500,000 per day
- Web transactions — 500,000 per day
- Can I still use my prepaid card after the loaded funds have been exhausted?
Your prepaid card is a reloadable card. You can add funds by reloading at any of our branches or transferring funds into it until the card expires.
- I have forgotten my Prepaid Card PIN?
Submit a request for a PIN reset at any of Heritage Bank’s branch and a new PIN will be issued to you.
- What do I do if my card is stolen?
Take the following steps:
- Call Contact Centre on +234-1-236-9000 to request for your prepaid card to be blocked
- Walk into any of our ECs and request for a new card, the funds in the previous card will be transferred to the new card.