No, this is not a political article. It is an article for your pocket.
â€œNo changeâ€¦ You can pick something else worth your changeâ€
Have you heard this before? You leave your house, get to a store after making a budget specifying the things you want to buy and their cost equivalent. After successfully making your purchase, the attendant stares at you, eyeball to eyeball and says, â€œSorry, we donâ€™t have changeâ€. Sometimes, they are bold enough to suggest that you make unplanned purchases that you most likely do not need.
What are we talking about? Your Change.
Letâ€™s define â€œChangeâ€
Change is the cash left over after making a purchase.
Most times, we are tempted to leave this change for the retailers or make purchases we do not even need. We often disregard the change as they come in very small sums but what we do not know is this: Change is like a mustard seed, it could grow into large savings.
What can loose change do for you?
- It could grow into mega savings.
- It could be used as capital to start a business when it is gathered overtime.
- You could invest it or use it to make planned buying decisions.
- You could donate to charity.
How Can You save Loose Change?
- Make Purchases with your ATM card as it charges the exact amount you need and cancels the idea of having â€œchangeâ€
- Take out change from your purse or wallet to discourage you from frivolous spending.
- Ensure you put excess daily change into your â€œChange jarâ€
- Every change you deem insignificant, save it in a piggy bank or set aside a place to store your change. Every 3 months, when you have a healthy stash, take the sum to the bank and deposit it in your savings account.
A truly wealthy person as well as an entrepreneur understands the value of one naira. No amount is trivial. If you take away one naira from a million naira, it ceases to be a million naira. Value money, spend wisely.
Most often, the money you are looking for in Sokoto is right there in your â€œshokotoâ€. Change is not a party, it is potential savings.
Be the change you want to see by saving your loose change today.